Independent Estate Agents
- What can I expect my fee to include ? Williams Harlow will provide you with frequent weekly updates on your property’s marketing progress including statistical information from our marketing. Your fee will also include professional photography, all accompanied viewings from our two centrally located offices, seven days a week alongside a prominent window card.
- What are the costs involved in selling my property ? A sole agency fee will be applicable upon selling your home charged upon completion. Your valuer will discuss this with you.
- Does a For Sale/Let board enhance the sale of my property ? We believe that a board will help any property with its marketing as one in four enquiries will come from this. It will ensure that the market is thoroughly tested and you achieve the best price.
- Why use Williams Harlow ? Williams Harlow is a leading independent firm of estate agents with offices in Banstead and Cheam villages and the most established agent opening in 1990. With extensive knowledge of the local area crossed with a professional approach we strive to make your experience as stress-free as possible. We have some of the very best staff in the Estate Agency profession.
- What areas do you cover ? Williams Harlow have prominently positioned offices located in the heart of Banstead and Cheam and cover all surrounding areas from approximately 7 mile radius of each office.
- How long can I expect my Freehold transaction to take ? An average Freehold transaction takes approximately 8-10 weeks. Approximately 8 weeks on average to Exchange with Completion by arrangement.
- How long can I expect my Leasehold transaction to take ? An average Leasehold transaction can take approximately 10 weeks with Completion by arrangement.
- Does it matter what solicitor I use ? A competent solicitor makes all the difference when purchasing and selling your home. With a well-established firm of solicitors you can expect a smoother transaction from start to finish to ensure certainty of your transaction. Take a look at the solicitors we have recommended on our website. Using a local solicitor is beneficial as you will often have to visit them numerous times throughout transaction.
- Is a survey compulsory ? A survey is not compulsory however highly recommended; some lenders may require you to take out a survey on the property you are purchasing, in addition to the mortgage validation. Take a look at recommended surveyors on our website.
- What property platforms will Williams Harlow advertise my property upon ? You can expect to see your property listed on FIVE national and international websites: Rightmove, Zoopla, On the Market, Prime Location and williamsharlow.co.uk
- What should I be doing to make my home ready to market ? The key to marketing your home look favourable to prospective purchasers is to keep your home clean tidy and to portray your property in its best light. Please see our Selling and Letting Guides with advice for preparing your property for sale available on our website. This will give you a full understanding of ways to enhance your home for both Sale and Letting to ensure you achieve the best possible price.
- How will viewings take place ? Viewings are often conducted on two pre-arranged Open Days, one week day and one weekend. We will undertake to meet all of the viewings at your property. These are usually done in either 20-30 minute intervals. After which we will let you know the feedback from the viewings alongside any offers which are normally taken on a best and final basis. All buyers will be in a position to proceed.
- How quickly can my property be listed ? From your professional photoshoot we are usually able to list your property the next working day and viewings will be organised shortly after.
- Whens the best time to market my property ? Ten months of the year are usually excellent times to sell your property but it would beneficial not to market your home during August or December for the reason the market is quieter.
- How do you deal with multiple offers ? A process we feel effective is called ‘Informal Tender’ or you may have heard it referred to as ‘Best and Final Offers’. All buyers are given the chance to place their Best and Final offer. We will then advise you onto which offer is best suited to requirements. All offers strictly qualified both financially and full chain investigation is undertaken if necessary.
- Are your staff local to the areas you cover ? All of our staff are local to our offices thus giving us the best local knowledge to assist you on your sale and purchase or letting of your property. All of our staff know our areas intermittently.
- How many prospective purchasers do you have for my property ? Williams Harlow has over 5,000 registered applicants looking to move to the Banstead, Cheam and surround areas.
- Will my property be featured in your office window ? Yes! Your property will be displayed in one our LED illuminated window display in our office.
- What’s an EPC and do I need one ? EPC stands for Energy Performance Certificate and is needed in every property sale. EPC’s are valid for ten years so do ensure yours is valid prior to marketing. Williams Harlow are able to assist you with ordering a new EPC if required at £85 + VAT. You will need a valid EP for both Letting and Sale.
- How do Williams Harlow reference tenants ? We use an independent reference company to vet our applicants to ensure that they have the necessary means to rent our clients’ property. This is done to protect our landlord and avoid any rental arrears being accrued. It is also ensures that tenants are not over-committing themselves financially which can cause them future difficulties. A credit check, employment verification check and landlord reference are all carried out on ALL occupiers over the age of 18 (as is required by law).
- Make sure your deposit is accessible and that you can easily show evidence of it to a mortgage lender and solicitor (a bank or building society statement would be needed)
- Ensure you have all your relevant documentation in order. Make sure your ID is up to date, that you have recent bank statements saved and that you have your payslips and/or self-employment documents to hand
- Check you are named on the Electoral Roll at the correct address and that your address is up to date across all credit accounts such as bank accounts and loans
- Speak to a mortgage broker to ensure that you understand how much you can borrow, and what the monthly payments will be.
- Identify any major problems with the property you are buying through a non-invasive survey
- Highlight any hidden areas of possible concern that need further investigation
- Gives a simple 1,2,3 rating of all key elements of the property
- Delivers a comprehensive and jargon free report
We welcome Darryl Rixon, our professional photographer, who shoots all of our properties. He provides a wide range of photographic services including high quality interior and exterior shots, elevated and twilight photography. You can view examples of examples of existing agent photos alongside comparisons to his work by clicking here.“There is an art, to photography. The skilled professional knows how to use composition, colour and lighting to make a photograph more appealing. Owning a great camera isn't enough, you must be trained and capable of using its functionality and be competent in composition and lighting.” Estate Agents Williams Harlow Banstead and Cheam Offices
The Banstead May Fayre started in 1985 as a small village Fayre. It has grown into a large parade along the High Street, a whole community day and annual fund raiser. Money raised on the day combined with sponsorship and fund matching are donated to the May Queens group’s charity of choice.
We've been proud sponsors for many years and are doing so again in 2018. This year we are supporting the Children's Trust.During its life span, The May Queen Group has donated over £150,000 to charitable causes.
Williams Harlow is proud to be the official sponsor of Chipstead Rugby Club. The club boasts a recently refurbished clubhouse and bar with additional changing rooms and referee facilities. Two senior team pitches are available plus one junior size.
The club features in the Surrey Two league fielding a senior 1st XV, 2nd XV and occasionally a 3rd/vets side. A more recent addition is a ladies squad who are building for the future. Sundays see one of the most notable successes for the club with the mini / junior section. They consistently witness well in excess of two hundred Under 7s to Under 16s players each week to compete against some of the best clubs in the country and beyond. The club is a friendly one with an eye on the social side. Players of all ages, male or female, and of all abilities are welcome.